Home contest Media Kit Booksellers FAQs Contact Site

are taken from books I myself love, and heartily recommend you should read. Every month readers can post comments below the current review – it’s my own Book Club! Please feel free to join in and do check the archives!
~ Eloisa

Mother of the Bride by Lynn Michaels

Mother of the BrideI’m a huge fan of Lynn Michaels’s quirky, beautifully written contemporaries. Unfortunately, she doesn’t seem to be writing them any longer, but the four I have are tucked away among my Keepers. Mother of the Bride is a great place to start, if you haven’t discovered this great author.

The heroine, Cydney Parrish, raised her sister’s child, Bebe, because her sister (a globe-trotting photographer) was too glamorous and sophisticated for a task as prosaic as mothering. Every once in a while Gwen would stroll in trailing a new husband, and buy Bebe a red convertible or designer clothing. Of course, Bebe adores her mother, who calls her (affectionately) my “dear little dimwit.” But it’s Cydney who’s stuck with the tough parts of mothering. And all her protective instincts go on alert when the very young and very airheaded Bebe runs in screaming that she’s engaged to a boy named Aldo Munroe.

This is the kind of novel that piles outrageous characters on top of each other, and each one is a delight: bigger than life and more outrageous. Cydney grounds the craziness, because she’s ordinary in every way. She feels like the only failure (she hasn’t managed to finish a novel) and thing only get worse when it turns out that Aldo’s guardian is the famously reclusive author Angus Munroe—who is Cydney’s idol.

Everyone from the gorgeous Gwen to Bebe, Aldo and Angus end up in the tiny town of Crooked Possum in the Ozarks… where Cydney falls in love with Gus, who falls in love hard for Cyd (“I’ll give you a massage.” He’d give her the moon, Gus thought, the sun, the moon and all the stars in heaven.) It’s incredibly to see the most glamorous man of all falling hard for plain, ordinary Cyd.

Buy this book — I love this book and I bet it will end up on your keeper shelf!

13 Comments

1. Maribeth Phillips
    Posted February 15, 2012 at 8:00 pm Permalink

Eloisa, I don’t know how I missed this little gem of a book. But I’m so glad that you brought it to our attention, because it is absolutely wonderful!!! It’s so heartwarming, and it made me laugh and brought tears to my eyes. I really love this book, and I will likely re-read it in the months & even years to come. Thank you very much. I will now check-out her other books. Best to you. – Maribeth

2. Maribeth Phillips
    Posted February 15, 2012 at 8:03 pm Permalink

P.S.: My comment refers to Lynn Michael’s Mother of the Bride. -Maribeth.

3. Posted April 24, 2013 at 1:34 am Permalink

To put it simply, Prada sunglasses are expensive because. they’re Prada of course. There are some brands that are so ingrained in our culture that their name alone increases their value. Rolls Royce does it for cars. Harley Davidson does it for motorcycles. In the design world, any accessory that carries the Prada logo is going to be more costly. This is based on the company’s stellar reputation and nothing else. While some may scoff at this idea others realize that Prada has a reputation for a reason. ferraari sunglasses

4. Posted July 23, 2013 at 1:18 pm Permalink

Hi there just stumbled upon your website via Yahoo after I entered in, “Eloisa’s Books to Love

5. Posted July 24, 2013 at 3:24 am Permalink

Hello! I just found your internet site: Eloisa’s Books to Love

6. Posted July 26, 2013 at 9:52 am Permalink

Your web site seems to be having some compatibilty issues in my safari browser.
    The text seems to be running off the webpage pretty bad.
    If you want you can email me at: aleishalovelace@gmail.

com and I’ll shoot you over a screenshot of the problem.

7. Posted July 27, 2013 at 9:20 pm Permalink

Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO?
    I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good results.
    If you know of any please share. Kudos!

8. Posted July 29, 2013 at 9:39 pm Permalink

Greetings! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a
    captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having
    trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

9. Posted September 29, 2013 at 12:18 pm Permalink

Hi! I am about to begin my own blog and was wondering if you know where
    the best place to buy a blog url is? I am not even sure if
    that’s what its called? (I’m new to this) I’m referring to “http://eloisajames.net/bookstolove/2012/01/mother-of-the-bride-by-lynn-michaels/”.
    How do I go about getting one of these for
    the website I’m creating? Cheers

10. Posted March 26, 2014 at 5:29 am Permalink

Wow! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
    It’s on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design.
    Wonderful choice of colors!

11. Posted April 14, 2014 at 5:07 pm Permalink

I enjoy reading a post that can make people
    think. Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment!

12. Posted April 23, 2014 at 3:24 am Permalink

A person essentially assist to make seriously articles I would state.
    This is the first time I frequented your web
    page and up to now? I amazed with the research you made to make this particular publish amazing.
    Wonderful job!

13. Posted April 23, 2014 at 10:52 am Permalink

I think that is one of the so much significant info for me.
    And i’m happy studying your article. But wanna
    observation on some normal issues, The web site style
    is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D. Just